H1

RPG Index: Single player Role Playing Games

Thursday 9 May 2013

So I just bought GTA IV

I know it's a little late, but I've been wanting to play Grand Theft Auto 4 since I heard the 5th game is in production. After playing it for 10 minutes I can tell this game is going to be fun. It's probably going to consume a lot of my time too. I don't expect it to be as good as San Andreas, but we'll see.

The graphics are pretty and retain that GTA tone we all know and love.




Grand Theft Auto IV seems pretty badly optimized for the PC, of course it's always been a console game but surely they could of put a little more effort into the computer edition. The mouse sensitivity on the menus is awful, and the graphics are good but limited for no reason. Aside from that, the engine seems great.



Driving a car seems a little clumsy, but I'm already adapting to it. In fact, everything seems pretty clumsy. The reason I never bough GTA 4 before was because I hated the idea of a Russian protagonist. Niko seems kind of ugly. However, his dialogue is fantastic. The story looks like it could be amazing, I'm looking forward to it.

Roman is your typical scumbag.

Anyway, I'm going to play some more Grand Theft Auto now, I just thought I'd share my first look at the game. Maybe it will remind you folks to do a second playthrough, because I'm assuming I am one of the last people on the planet to ever play it. I just hope Niko kills Roman at some point. Peace out ladies and gentlefellows.

No comments:

Post a Comment